Solving Wayland and NVidia conflict on Ubuntu 21.04

Finally Wayland is activated

 

 Have you jumped on Ubuntu 21.04 wagon to test out the Wayland and Flutter optimization but Ubuntu refuses to log you in Wayland?

Most probably you have a NVidia graphic card installed and Ubuntu automatically deactivates Wayland. In my case, NVidia graphic card was pre-built in, but I actually never use it. So it pains to see NVidia stands in the way of experiencing Wayland.

What I did was, I ran the NVidia settings (automatically installed on Ubuntu) and selected the option to use only the built-in Intel graphic card.

And restart the laptop/PC.

And welcome to the world of Wayland (see the picture above). No need of further configuration or changing many things in many place like I found in a tutorial. So it was simpler than I expected.

That's all.