Bye, bye iPad

 Yesterday I finally sold my iPad Mini 5 through uk.webuy.com. It seems that my friendship with Apple products cannot go far. I lost my last iPhone in 2012 and the last iPad in 2021. Why? User experience!

First, it really annoyed me that quite often the fingerprint reader didn't always work. First I thought it had to do with iPad Mini 4, so I sold that one and bought iPad Mini 5. However it is the same story. It was frustrating, because I have never had issue with the fingerprint scanner of my Pixel 5 and Pixel 2 before that.

Second, selecting text in a browser on iPad is often a mishit. The same with reading the magazines. Clicking and swyping on certain space in order to scroll content often results in selecting the text underneath. Really annoying, something I have never had with my Android devices.

Third, accessing your own files on iPad from different apps is a pain. So many steps. Really a hassle. Apple can say this is for security reasons. I simply say bad user experience. Moving files in Android devices is much more convenient. In the end I want to work, access the files, move them, copy them to external media etc. and not struggling with a lot restrictions.

Sometimes I think iPad users must be sadomachosistic. Because you take upon you all the restrictions Apple put on you, in return you pay handsomely for that. Using an iPad (and may be transferrable on iPhones) is like being the servant of my device. Sorry Apple, but my Android devices serve me not the way around.

After iPad not so stellar experience :) I finally go back to an Android tablet. Today the new Galaxy Tab S7 is arriving. And this time I'm the master of my own devices!