My issue with Ubuntu Dock, Panel and Vertical Workspaces

 

Image by Karolina Grabowska from Pixabay

Am I the only one who is always annoyed by the presence of dock and panel on Ubuntu? I know Ubuntu got the inspiration from Mac for this, but I simply want to have my screen free of panel and dock. Even on a big monitor, I simply want them to hide in the background.

The same with vertical workspace. Am I the only one who feels it unnatural to switch workspace vertically? And there is no switch for this in Ubuntu Settings.

I hope Ubuntu allow simpler switch for these in future versions of Ubuntu. It's a hassle to install the gnome extensions. 

BTW I installed Dash to Panel extension by charlesg99 to solve the first issue and Horizontal workspaces by fmuellner for the second.

My setup is now, to have only one panel on the bottom, that hides normally. I only show it when I need it (with Super+i shortcut).