Wayland and further issues

geeqie image viewer

 

In the previous article I wrote about the issue with Wayland and NVidia graphic card. It turns out, that was not the only issue with Wayland.

I was really annoyed when my favourite image viewer geeqie always shows nothing, I could only see white space. First I thought this were geeqie issue, after I found out through browsing the web, that many people have had the same issue due to Wayland.

Finally I found the solution, to tick the Two pass rendering in the Preferences > Image.

Thought that would be the last issue. Now I'm facing strange behaviour with Firefox. When editing something on the web, it seems that Firefox fails to redraw the content.

Strange because I haven't had similar issue before. So while I'm still figuring out the root cause, I'm starting suspecting Wayland.

I will change to Xorg and see wether the issue still exists.

Wayland... Wayland... Wayland...